PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 12:03
flightleader

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, Unilateral near PK is great.

Recently I had a few morning departure in KLIA arround 9 to 10am peak period. I was once number 8th. Tower was rather confuse to sequence a/c at the holding point.Couple of widebodies on taxiway H,AAsia hogging A8 (a few of them) and tower couldn't decide which a/c go A11,A10 and A9. I bet some of the widebody had waypoint crossing to comply with.

Anyway, the issue I would like to highlight is that using 2 runways with 32R for depature and 32L for arrival in this condition is the same as using 1 runway. The no.2 a/c couldn't takeoff until no.1 is 9nm out(or 3 minutes),the time of waiting is good for an a/c to land on 32R,turn off while no.2 line up and takeoff in turn.In this is done on both runways,capacity would be double.Perhaps for a start,make some of the widebody from satelite building proceed to 32L for departure while those a/c closer to 32R use 32R for departure.A lot of the international airport assign a/c to use the runway closest to its bay,SIN,TPE.....However,I'm not very sure App and Area control could handle this,just that I've seen it been done elseway and hope KLIA can come up to speed.From pilots point of view,we are quite happy as long as the landing clearence come before 500'.

A little off topic, I hope DCA could issue a NOTAM/AIC to remind pilots to minimised thrust usage at TGG,LGK,AOR etc as there are always people on the apron eg:cargo handler,traffic staff even pax just disembark from another a/c.Some places have folks standing by the fence waving and the a/c turn 180 add power and blast these folks in the face as it taxy away.I've witness an old man carrying an infant ran for cover and duct behind a pile of dirt as a 737 increase thrust for a cross bleed start in TGG. I hope this issue could be arrested before someone get hurt.