PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss European Air Lines - Pheonix or Funeral
Old 18th Jan 2006, 08:48
Danou_71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gretchenfrage
Dani
You say LX pilots never wanted more. So why did they go to court, battling for the same conditions as the Aeropers SH-guys?
You've missed the point: They wanted to have Aeropers to have the same condition as they had!!! This is called fairness!!!
And don't tell me big plane, big salary and small plane, small salary: The ex-SWR pilots threated Swissair to go on strike when the Fokker were introduced, if the managment would start with salaries based on type...

If the SPA goes on court again now is, I guess, just to stop this discrimination which is still going on, and not only for the salary, but also for the life style, roster, vacation, etc... Do you think it is too much to ask ?
I had a nice talk with an friend who still work there: They don't request more, they just want fairness by keeping their actual contract. But they do ask to have the same condition for pilots flying the same routes. Just to name one stupidity: ZRH-GVA,35min flight time, flown by Avro's and A319, 320 and 321: With the Avro it's a european route( and salary) and flown by Airbus, it's considered as long haul !!! Can someone explain???

The first Swiss's management told the governement and the public:"We make a company based on the structure's cost of Crossair!" And now we see it as a Swissair n°2, with Airbus pilots still having a salary of more than 30% above the EMB and Avro pilots FLYING THE SAME ROUTE!!!!!! If they really want to make this airline back on track, why don't they include the A319-321 family on the SWU??? Because they know they have to fight against a very powerfull union, AP to name it, and they will loose!!! Like it or not, AP DO HAVE political connection and this is a fact!
The prime goal of the Swiss and SWU management is now to make these 2 companies attractive enough for Lufthansa until the take over is complete and they will jump out of the boat in due time...

D-71