PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Emirates Pilots Are Fatigued
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 06:55
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At what point waldorfin would you stand up and say enough is enough. NEVER i suspect.

Some people come from cultures where criticizing anyone in power, whether employers, government or wealthy individuals, is considered wrong. A few others are simply self-serving and feel voicing support for one's superiors under all circumstances will somehow benefit them. In either case this is a misguided and perilous point of view. I can understand the cultural issue, as its difficult to 'unlearn' what has been taught since childhood, but as for the other individuals, they are simply too self-serving and narrow minded to ever change.

I wish EK the utmost success. I don't know of one pilot who doesn't wish EK to be profitable, successful and the pick of the airlines for pilots around the world. This is our only means of expressing what needs to be done to achieve this goal.

It is not a question of whether or not EK is mismanaging themselves from crisis to crisis anymore. That is obvious to all but those individuals mentioned above.

I don't wish to leave EK as there should be some great benefits of this job. But I have no illusion that I will be here in 5 years if management doesn't get a grip on things and soon. I will not let my health suffer in the name of productivity as you put it. I'm sure what you are really saying is...... PROFIT. But even then, productivity or profit is being affected by cancelled flights, an alarming increase in valid health issues, pilot no-shows, a lack of suitable applicants and the ever present threat of a hull lose with all the associated repercussions. These are real and valid concerns that cannot be excused in the name of a productivity increase. Your complacent attitude and blind support for management policies even to the point of making up excuses for them, is disturbing to say the least.