PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Emirates Pilots Are Fatigued
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 06:48
Vorsicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, nice try Waldo. Not bad for an amateur wind up merchant.

Some of those figures might be true (though i doubt it) but have you checked lately the price of a plumber/electrician/carpenter in Australia.

That's right, they are all earning 6 figure sums. Why? Supply and demand. The market makes the rate.

EK has been the beneficiary of that simple law for many years now, but it appears the table is turning. Although they are happy with their head in the sand, Rome is burning my friend (love mixing my metaphors). They have probably already missed the boat, but given the arrogance of management, it will likely get a lot worse before they acknowledge the problem. Other companies are putting their prices up and we are taking notice. Sure Ryanair aint no picknick, but they pay a lot. When i got here the standard comment was "sure the pay is crap, but the lifestyle is great". And to be honest that was enough for most. Now however the pay is crap and the lifestyle is crap. Job security aint gonna cut it my boy, not when there are other options.

Keep on fiddlin dude. You are truly representitive of the malaise that grips EK management.