PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh's CC plans
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 14:47
Stirling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChewyTheWookie
We got back to Compass 10+ hours after we left and didn't get a proper "break" at all. If we were in the offices we'd have probably spent the best part of 2 hours having lunch and tea breaks during the day and we wouldn't have been rushing about at high altitude.
CTW - I apologise for responding to this a touch late on in the discussion. Generally I applaud you and your colleagues for your proposed stand in this matter, but the above comment has me a little annoyed. I'm saddened by your obvious blinkered approach to us office workers, as I constantly work in excess of a 12 hour day in the Compass Centre with nowhere near approaching 2 hours worth of breaks. I am in the very fortunate position of managing my time, but if I did not put in the hours it would reflect unbelievably poorly on me, my clooeagues and my department. The workload we now face warrants these hours also. My days are always of this length and this is MY choice. I do not have the luxury of mixing short and long sectors. The only difference is that you work at altitude, something that I have chosen not to do.