PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA bunfight?
Thread: AOPA bunfight?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2006, 03:53
AOPA Australia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOPA response to bunfight

Pprune Posters

As President of AOPA in Australia, I thank those of you who have added constructively to this debate. I have noted several items.

I congratulate Bob Murphie for a one hundred percent score in achieving the “rumour” part of the Pprune acronym. But I suggest to you all that his posts and that of Tony Mitchell that Bob has carried across – represent the views of two former AOPA Directors with a history of anti-AOPA attacks on various forums but no constructive answers.

The Australian ethic is one of “fair play”. You all have made assumptions based on misinformation and a hate campaign lacking facts or substance. I would hope that you would be as open minded in considering the facts and truth.

The moderators on Pprune have suggested previously that matters AOPA are best debated on the AOPA Forum. I accept their recommendation and am placing FACTS that can be confirmed by documentation on the open section of the AOPA Forum for anyone who wishes to exercise fair play and read and/or debate the matter.

I have also asked that matters concerning Bob Murphie’s resignation as an AOPA Director be noted on the AOPA Forum. I do so with regret but we have unfortunately reached a stage where we need to establish the credibility of the players.

The AOPA Forum is available via their website and then the Information Centre bar. AOPA will not be using any views by Ppruners for any form of identification tracing. AOPA link removed W

Ron Bertram

PS Woomera – when a Director resigns at Qantas, Jetstar, AirServices, or anywhere in industry for that matter, the organisation seems to keep moving along nicely.

I am uncertain why you would feel the need to suggest that a change of Board member at AOPA would be any different. Changes of people in organisations is a fact of life.

Last edited by Woomera; 17th Jan 2006 at 10:29.