PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue is here to stay.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 02:50
Bronte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing Belly maybe you are right, but I hope you won't be. Re the obligation to shareholders, don't forget aeroplanes are quite pricey, and an operator who buys or leases more than are required are not doing the shareholders any good. By 2003 AN and VB should have around 30 each, and QF however many. If that is all Australia can sustain then any operator (AN or VB) who bring more in knowing full well the market can't take them (but yes, with the hope the other guy loses pax to them) are crazy and will likely get burned. If you look at Branson's other virgins (sun etc) he does not try to flood the market unsustainably.

Yes I'm on the Airbus. I take it you are on a boeing? There seems to be some light for the Boeing boys/girls, for example in Qantas and Virgin. (oh, but they are going to fold ) 767 drivers probably have a better chance in AN2 than thier 737 cousins. I pity the 146 drivers, particulary as some of them have been FOs on it for the best part of a decade. Who knows what the future holds for them....

Thumbs up maybe you should ask your collegues how they feel, I'm sure 90% of them don't want to see Virgin die, along with the jobs of thousands of Aussies and fellow pilots.