PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue is here to stay.
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2001, 15:42
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRONTE.You must be a loner, and by that I mean you must be the only person in Ansett who feels the way that you do.
I agree with Boeing Belly in that there is no room for three major players in the current market.The initial fight will between Ansett and Virgin,and make no mistake,it will be a fight to the death.Virgin have already thrown the first punch with 250000(or however much it was)seats available from Feb 02 specifically aimed at Ansett,right between the eyes.
In Brisbane there was a death to Ansett party after the collapse.A bit premature I thinks.So they will certainly be looking forward to an "absolte death to Ansett party".
There will be only two airlines operating in a year or so.Have a good look at what Virgin are doing at the moment,there giving 110% in all areas.The big question is,is it enough to stop Fox/Lew.?

I Don't thing so.

WIRRAWAY.Somebody has probably already replied to you ,because its taking me 20 minutes to type this far.In case no one has,I can tell you that what Ansett is doing at the moment should NO way be interpreted as to what Ansett is going to look like come Feb 01.All thats happening now is to keep the place ticking, a flag waving exercise to let people know that we're still here.To keep the staff skill up and to make the sale more attractive to a purchaser by having it operating.You will have to wait for the big guns to be pulled, but when they do they will be blazing!!!.