PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue is here to stay.
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2001, 14:29
Bronte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Boeing Belly my dear friend. Of course AirNZ wanted to kill Ansett after they lead us off the plank. I have stated in other threads that although Ansett was in huge trouble prior to AirNZ 100% ownership, it was AirNZ who vetoed the SIA deal and so AirNZ must be fully responsible for Ansett's demise. AirNZ bought a complete dog in Ansett and then shot it, despite the SIA rescue package. (which ironically would have helped AirNZ heaps as well)

So I'm glad we can agree on one thing. However, you must remember that ordinary people work for AirNZ, and they sure as hell didn't kill Ansett. It was that Farmer and his incompetant and completely useless board of directors. Of course senior management would have also played thier little part, and, like you, I don't really care wheather or not they have jobs at xmas or not.

So what I am saying is this; I want to see all the airlines survive because I know good people work for them. People who say "there's only room for 2" in a country of 20,000,000+ are kidding themselves. With QFs new fleet, virgins 30 and Ansetts 30 is hardly a big flood. QF will start putting thier int'l shedule back together next year I would think. Good day.

[ 09 December 2001: Message edited by: Woomera ]