PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA bunfight?
Thread: AOPA bunfight?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2006, 00:58
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: AOPA bunfight?

I think AOPA needs to be put to sleep so that we can get on with organising a better association.

AOPA has gone totally mad if it thinks that putting up spoiling candidates is somehow going to make Minister Truss tug the forelock and apologise to AOPA then ask their opinion on policy. I mean are you guys totally living on another planet or what???? I cannot think of any way you could further alienate either the government or opposition by such a foolish move.

The madness continues in the form of seeing everything as a battle and then using war terminology like "Fight" all the time.

Translation: AOPA's "fights" make exactly as much sense as "The war on terror".

Translation AOPA Idiots - wake up! You are fighting battles that you cannot, should not and will not win against the very people who should be your allies. I feel like banging my head against the wall at the stupidity of this!!!!

As I have said elsewhere in the Casa cost recovery forum, "user pays" = "User says". We should be working with CASA to understand their cost structure and to help them eliminate waste and duplication by changing work practices in collaboration with the industry.

However this cannot be done with boneheads talking about running for the Seanate over medical certificate charges.

Translation: If CASA says its $145 bucks then that's it! The correct thing to do is to understand why they think they need to charge that much and then decide if there is any way it might be possible for us to assume some of the processing work ourselves for example, or change the rules. It is not smart to throw the toys out of the sandpit and run for the senate!!!!!

Same applies to the ASIC debate.

Don't you understand AOPA? You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop making things worse!!!!