PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tcas
Thread: Tcas
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2006, 11:31
Elmlea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tcas

Originally Posted by Farfrompuken
That's exactly why TCAS is so handy! Wait till you use it before you comment!! It'll probably be most useful in the GH-style environment at Linton but has been tested with some success at Low-Level.
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear. I'd be worried that studes only look out when there's something on the TCAS screen to look for; hence they may not even try to look for things TCAS hasn't picked up.

I appreciate it's useful in that it directs you where to look; but only if it's spotted them first!

I've tried it in the GH environment at Linton, and it was pretty successful. There were a couple of spots that hadn't appeared on the TCAS screen though, which are what led me to think this way. However, it did lead us to spot a few things further away than we normally would, so that's undoubtedly useful.

I didn't get the chance to try it at low level, but I'm looking forward to it when it comes in across the fleet. I'm not looking forward to the next IRT with where the standby AI's wound up though!