PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing & GA or RAAF, hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2001, 13:34
RS_Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Instructing & GA or RAAF, hmmmm

Weeeeellllllll. Its D-Day or its equivalent for me in the big wide world, and like all other low time pilots, (of which there are hundreds each year, including their posts here) all wanting to know where to go.
Well from what I understand its pretty much Johnny on the spot when it comes to jobs, and i've got a fair amount of competion.
My question is, I am considering getting my instructors rating with a highly regared OAM recipiant doing the teaching and this will finish up in late march (end of wet season up north.) By the time this is all up, I will have approx;
- 255hrs TT
- 155hrs PIC
- Grade 3 Instructor Rating
I already have my;
- Bare MECIR
- All my ATPL's
- plus a BSc (Aviation) Uni degree, which may or may not count against me.
From what i've learnt over the last three years and the amount of wayward info i've had directed to me, I would appreciated it greatly if I could get some informed responses from THOSE IN THE KNOW about whether the future looks bright for me (or at least a shade of a nice colour) in G.A. will I be able to find work within a couple of months with my (lack) of experiance. I am preparred to go anywhere, and in fact im preparring to migrate North/West with the rest of the flock in the hope of a job.
I know I have a lot to learn, and I am more than willing to abrorb anyones knowledge of the industry. Do I slog it out the hard way or go the easy route into the RAAF.

Thanx Ya'll

P.S. Those of you who no me personally, congrats u now know my nickname
P.P.S Anyone know of the search engine to look for aviation web sites around australia?
P.P.P.S. Woomera what do u think would be a good idea?