PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 22:37
185skywagon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !

From ABC regional last week. My responses to his statements in Italics.
These were emailed to Truss' office and also to Sen Brett Mason.
Mr Truss says that despite the expense and inconvenience, issuing new security identification cards will safeguard the travelling public.
Will you please tell me how these ASIC cards will "safeguard" the travelling public???? I definitley want an answer to this as this is what your whole argument has been based on, and I believe it is flawed.
This is the main point I think we could get them on.
The Minister says he is disappointed that light aircraft operators are not more understanding.

"We can't assume that there is no risk associated with the use of small aircraft sourced from country areas
This is flawed. You could easily say "we can't assume that there is a risk......."

What is the risk??? Is it a Light aircraft flying into a building?? Or causing problems for an RPT Plane?? Is it pie in the sky??
This is also something they haven't identified. What is the risk, and has it been scientifically arrived at??
and any pilots association that is prepared to

give a categorical guarantee that there would never be an incident involving their members or their aircraft is obviously flying in the face of reality," he said.
This assumes that we are all bad fellows, us along with farmers and muslims. All minority groups.

Do you realise that you would have no power to stop an aircraft that departed, say Watts Bridge, near Amberley, from legally tracking into controlled airspace and (if this what you blokes are worried about) causing your unspecifed aviation risk. No ASIC card required if it is on a one way trip!!! How would an ASIC card stop this. How?

You can also now get on an RPT in Brisbane without howing any ID, courtesy of the new check-in terminals. How much of a risk is that???

I haven't had a reply as yet.
I hold an ASIC.