PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 21:16
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !

They are putting people's jobs on the line here. They can at least give you a provisional ID like the medical when you renew it.

Are the FAC people enforcing this to be worn or is it the flying clubs and operators that do this ?.... if it is then they could possibly ground some if not most of their students and pilots/clients. Jobs and income on the line.

Does that mean that if I don't have an AVID, I can't even enter the airport complex even if I have to renew my instrument rating using the sim ?
Bad news for the schools then.

Also, I know of some ex-pats coming back to renew their ratings or do some occasional flying. Looks like the aero clubs will miss out again because these guys don't have ASIC. CASA have not just put schools in the hardship by cutting down intake of overseas students but now even restricting more people to do flying. The U.S. does not even do this and they suffered more in 9/11.

This has got to stop. A lot of flying schools are struggling as it is. They will kill GA. I wonder what's next on their list ?