PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh's CC plans
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 14:44
whattimedoweland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Willie Walsh's CC plans

Have You Heard This,

Regardless of the Purser it is difficult on Eurofleet to get a break on the flight,maybe on the Athens,Larnaca you can get a sit down in the galley.On short sectors you are there to serve the passengers and rarely have a spare minute.

I tell you this from my practical working experience as a CSD on both Eurofleet and now Worldwide.On Worldwide we have set breaks and ensure people eat before their break.Even on our long flights when you try and have your crew meal , even with the curtains pulled passengers for some reason still want to have a peep!!,so you never actually get any privacy for your meal.At the same time we still realise we are there for the passengers and not the other way round!!.

I have to say the workload of my colleagues is high and they must be given their chance to eat on a turnround. We like everyone else are entitled to 20 minutes break per four hours worked.

Cabin crew is not like working on the ground.I have worked in loading,baggage and check-in all of which are tough jobs in their own ways.Cabin crew is different you work at altitude and the pressure of the cabin can be very tiring.Up and down,pressurising and depressurising your body four times a day is not at the best of times good for the health.This is why I believe Eurofleet require a proper sit down meal and a break.

These are just my thoughts from experience.

WTDWL.