PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Do The Admin Branch Stand In Our Way?
Old 11th Jan 2006, 08:10
philrigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why Do The Admin Branch Stand In Our Way?

W T N

"Now I’m sure MP’s and Civil Servants do not have so many handbrakes when they are claiming duty mileage."

I cannot speak for MPs but the experiences of this Civil Servant working for the MoD is the same as yours. I am entitled to use my own transport if I wish but only at the lower rate. The higher rate is only applicable if the service cannot provide me with transport. As for driving MT - look up the regulations (Do not take hearsay as gospel) for the insurance rules. See if it says that if you are in an accident caused by you then you will have to claim off your own comprensive motor insurance policy! This rule applies to Civil Servants. When driving our own vehicles for duty purposes we have to be insured for such purposes. My insurance company does not regard anything other than 'home to NORMAL place of work' as covered.
PS: Is George Galloway MP being paid by us while he is (By his own choice) appearing on TV)? Surely as a matter of principle he will be on unpaid leave !!!!! If he is cut off from the outside world, how do his constituants contact him if necessary?

We knew how to whinge but we kept it to the NAAFI bar.