PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 04:07
Mr Fysh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Asic = No Fly !!!! What a joke !

Hi all !

I recieved a letter today as im sure the rest of you did, stating the usual ASIC requirements which we all know about. I just thought id give some people a heads up, who werent aware that after December 31st last year, if you hold a CASA issued flight crew licence and are actively flying into RPT secure airfields and do not have an ASIC and have not applied for an ASIC you are setting yourself up for a $2200 fine !!!

Just wondering what the rest of you feel about this as i somewhat feel that it is CASA's responsibility to not enforce this rule unless they get their act together and have a faster turnaround time, than 2 months for the process to be completed.

I also rang the hotline for CASA in the ASIC issuing deptartment (1300 737 032) and asked of my personal situation. I did apply for an ASIC after 31st December 2005 (about a week ago) and because i missed the cut off time of 31st December I have not been granted an extention till the 31st March 2006 and was basically told that I could not continue on with my job flying into and out of secure RPT carrying airports untill i have recieved my ASIC (About 6 weeks away at least). However if I had my application in 2 days earlier i would have been granted an extention of 3 more months. Just to let you know, yes this is my fault, as i am living in far north Queensland and my mail is being sent to my home address in another state and when i returned home for Xmas, i only recieved the application then and could not get it in by the deadline !!! So CASA basically told me that I am not to fly or I run the risk of a $550 fine.

Wake up Casa and do something about this mess !!! Do they really expect us to loose our jobs over these stupid new regulations ???

Interested in any other thoughts and comments

Cheers........................ FYSH !!!