PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WAS WRONG!!!!
Thread: I WAS WRONG!!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 15:17
4dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Folks,

Like so many things, it doesn't matter so much how we got here - the really critical bit is what we do from here!

Nothing on either side justifies the intensely criminal act of terror perpetrated on some 6000 people. Importantly, that act of terror does not justify a further criminal act of terror against a somewhat less well defined group of people in Asia or the Middle East.

I understand and empathise with the pain and the anguish of the US. However, I do not understand those who so quickly rally to the flag of racism and revenge.

Bombing the dust of Afghanistan into smaller dust particles and further complicating the lives of an already ruined people will achieve nothing but a fleeting feeling of bravado amongst those too shallow to see that the problem remains unsolved.

Someone said: "Remember the difference between revenge and justice."

All of the outrage and finances of the US and the Coaltion should not be devoted to overt military action - it must be channelled into international police activities and covert counter-terrorist operations.

This is one time that all of the political noise should be converted into a steely but largely silent resolve to obliterate the threat of terrorism to us all while absolutely minimising the "collateral damage".

There is only one immediate solution:

Sneak into their shadow world and make them frightened to live there!