PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WAS WRONG!!!!
Thread: I WAS WRONG!!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2001, 16:08
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear what you're saying Chimbu, but even if all that you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt it), then you are saying that there is a "cause and effect" scenario here. That is what I saw in your previous post too, which is why I came in so hard.

The message I got from your post, and am still getting, is that certain things happened in the past, so the death of 6000+ inncoent civilians is justified. I don't see any way to justify that sort of carnage, that sort of holocaust.

This isn't the worst crime in the last 100 years, but it's certainly up there with the worst of them. And the domino effect of crumbling world finances will begin to hit us all at some stage, so maybe none of us will have a job for much longer. We then become more of the innocent victims.

It took some cold, calculating and perhaps even deeply psychotic minds to devise of this attrocity - even more of the same was needed by those who carried out it. Do we still need to think about who did what to whom in the last 100 years? The last 1,000 years? And, while we're doing that, the terrorists are planning their next and perhaps far more grusome attacks.

No, I think we've gone way beyond any opportunty to fix this problem, without WW3. And maybe that's how it should be, if we can't find a solution in any other way.

You may have seen, as I have, a massive increase in the amount of propaganda e-mail, ever since the US warships started heading toward Afghanistan. Somebody is clearly very worried that "the west" is about to do some serious ass kicking. And, for mine, I think it's high time something tangible was done about it.

I agree that President Clinton didn't do enough about the problem. Indeed, after the suicide bombing of USS Cole, the US Navy withdrew from that part of the world. Was that the right move? 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing...