PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WAS WRONG!!!!
Thread: I WAS WRONG!!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 18:10
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe there can be ANY justification for the willfull murder of 6,000+ people any more than I believe there was any justification for killing 6,000,000+ people in the holocaust. I don't believe there can be any justification for destroying the livlihood of everyone who's job depends, in one way or another, on civil airlines.

I will never be convinced that there is any justification for the death of innocent civilians, anywhere in the world. People whose only "crime" was to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, while pursuing their own legitimate goals in life.

Sorry Chimbu but you and I may have to agree to differ here. I don't dispute your historical research. I simply cannot accept that it can ever be allowed to become an excuse for such an attrocity.

I believe the world must fight back against terrorism. This fight is already long overdue ... there are all too many examples of its results. If we turn the blind eye to it now, we condemn ourselves and all our future generations to the same, if not worse.