PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WAS WRONG!!!!
Thread: I WAS WRONG!!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 14:24
shocka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

To give this whole terrorist issue a medical analogy, are we not just treating the symptoms without first diagnosing the true ailment ? The underlying issues have been wisely spoken about by many previous posters to this thread who have raised valid points about what motivates a terrorist.

It seems that there will never be any peace in the ME while the US continually backs Israel. The Hebrew & Arab nations have demonstrated their abilities to co-exist peacefully down the centuries & if it were not for outside interference from the likes of the carve up after the treaty of Versailles & other injustices they would still be doing so today. What is needed is an even handed approach & a determination to solve this Israeli/Palestinian crisis peacefully once & for all. Until this happens we are all condemned to the reality of action versus reaction. George W says that they are going to use the carrot & the stick to achieve their aims.

Maybe if they had used a little more carrot in the past we wouldn't be using the stick today ? In the interim, the US must seek it's vengeance & who can blame them for that, I just hope that they will devote as much time to discovering the causes of such hostility in the first place & then take such steps as to remove them by the use of the aforesaid "carrots." Let's hope someone out there is listening & is like minded.