PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WAS WRONG!!!!
Thread: I WAS WRONG!!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 11:08
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chuckles

I'm stunned at your changed opinion, pleasantly so I might add (sounds conceited but is not meant to). What caused it? A single factor or otherwise?

Slasher

Agreed that terrorism has to be fought. But, IMHO, Bush is just using the attack as an excuse to flex his (US) muscle. He cares not that many innocent people will be killed and maimed, on both sides, nor that his talk of war is plunging the world economies towards recession/depression.

IMHO, if Clinton were still President, he would still talk tough, but there would not have been the war mongering talk. And I believe he would have gained in world stature by hunting down and bringing to trial the perpertraitors of last weeks events.

It is also my belief that when the 'war against terrorists' is finished, the costs, and not just in dollars but lives and human well being, will be deemed to have been excessive. I don't see George Dubya leaving the Presidency with the stature of his father.

For those who haven't stumbled upon this contrary opinion, John Pilger's article (opinion) puts an interesting perspective on current issues.

Click here.

(edit for url)

[ 21 September 2001: Message edited by: Capt Claret ]