PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big news in Sweden today: 40 sec from disaster
Old 10th Jan 2006, 17:15
Capvermell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big news in Sweden today: 40 sec from disaster

Originally Posted by Beanbag
Trondheim is in Norway, not Germany, which probably explains it
And Amsterdam is in Holland whilst Copenhagen is in Denmark and Washington DC is in the USA. I assume the incident may possibly have occurred in German air space since either flight might have had to cross Germany to reach its intended destination.

Trondheim is not my favourite place as some Norwegian Trolls are still pursuing me in the UK for for a 4 Euro road toll that they claim was due at open tollbooths on the E6 at 4am in the morning. The only reason I was still driving at 4am was because hotels in Trondheim turned out to cost about 140 Euros a night upwards. They claim that these road tolls are enforceable in the uk county court through some weird treaty Norway has signed even though it isn't even part of the EU. By the way Nordkap at the top of Norway was great with perfect midnight sun when I finally got there.

I imagine that these days pilots are much better about following TCAS instructions to the letter, especially as that Air Crash Investigation program involving the DHL and Russian aircraft over Switzerland have made it rather clear what can happen if pilots simply go with their own hunch and/or blindly follow air traffic controller instructions.