PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 206 Crash into Dam West of Ipswich
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 21:40
hair of the dogma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 206 Crash into Dam West of Ipswich

LHRT i am not talking about dodgy paint, i am talking about a system that has fare paying customers on aircraft that legally only require an annual. Not saying all operators operate private category but a lot do.

How is it different to any regulatory body? Government agencies dont have financial incentive to maintain the status quo. Tandems are big money and these oprerators a given free rein.

I dont buy the fact that tandems are students, they are passengers plain and simple. Student doing a TAFF the only exception. Do passengers you fly get taught anything other than their part in the exit?

I was not trying to link IR and def of private operation, was simply stating it is illegal to get paid for flying priv ops? Not talking about awards or anything else simply that the APF will never agree to commercial ops because board members and area reps have to much to lose.

As you are in the industry I am sure you can tell me the last time you heard of pilot getting penalised. Two tandems were dropped kms out to sea last year and nothing ever happened to operators or pilot. Last week tandem master and passenger drowned in hawaii a few hundred metres off shore. Self regulation when financial interests are involved simply does not work.

You are entitled to your opinion but you are in danger of losing your cred as you defend the indefensible