PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - URGENT: Need exampapers pro PPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 09:56
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: URGENT: Need exampapers pro PPL

C'mon fellas, all the original poster wants to do is the same as anyone in the UK does which is pass the exam by using the Confuser (or online equivalent). These are not past papers, but a useful way of rehearsing the type of questions you will be asked in the exam and revising accordingly where you cannot answer correctly. It is a study aid, no more.

Of course, it is also good airmanship after gaining one's PPL to make a habit of reading things like the AIP, AICs, CAP413, etc etc and by participating in various forums such as PPRuNe and the Flyer forums in order to continue the process of learning which, you might agree, starts the day you get your "license to learn", i.e. the PPL.

For example, if one wants to recall the radio failure procedures as prompted above, then I think it is more practical to lookup ENR 1-1-3-2/4 rather than rely on some distant memory from when you boned-up to pass the test! So rather than take the high morale ground with "I read the whole AIP to pass my test", I'd say that with things like this available online these days (ref. http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/enr/2010103.PDF) the more sensible thing to do is refresh yourself in case it has changed!

Lighten up ladies!!

Andy