PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - URGENT: Need exampapers pro PPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 20:10
splatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: URGENT: Need exampapers pro PPL

HGFC1,

Absolutely agreed. Though I feel we may be jumping to conclusions about the original poster. Never the less I shall put forward my opinion on the matter too.

It's my opinion that this type of action is a consequence of taking intense flying courses abroad without first writing most of the exams or at least preparing properly for them. When you learn abroad you probably find that you have a deadline because you need to be back for work and other commitments at home and your return flight is booked for a few weeks time. So what is the quickest way to get up to scratch to pass the exams? Study the answers or what amounts to pretty much the same in the form of the confuser (the confuser leaves out large sections of each subject).

I agree with the existance of these question / answer aids completely because they are very useful as spot tests when you feel you are ready to tackle the actual exam but I worry about anyone who ONLY learns the questions and answers. Personally I like to read as widely as possible.

splatt

PS. Apologies to the original poster. I am aware this is a bit off topic.