PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Assessment
Thread: FTE Assessment
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 18:40
traffic4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FTE Assessment

Hi Rob

To be honest, i cant remember any of the questions exactly because i did it 4 months ago, but i remember thinking that many of the numerical ones were similar to the questions that were in the practice book they sent me, (i assume they sent you it as well). The verbal reasoning (sort of a comprehension) and the numerical tests (like GSCE physics questions related to aeroplanes) were ok but i wouldn't descibe them as easy (i got 60% in both which i think is very average) and the numeracy (basic maths test) was much easier, (i got 90% which again was about average). I'm only 18 in February so you might find them a lot easier being older than me. But i wouldnt worry about anything at all, i found it easier than i expected it to be. There are no group exercises or anything, and u'll probs be the only one doing the selection on the day. I would say the hardest part for me was the computer hand eye coordination tests, but i guess it depends on your ability.
Just see it as a bit of a holiday and definately if your doing a degree i'm sure u'll find the questions will be fine.
what degree are you doing by the way?
(ps. soz if i got numerical and numeracy the wrong way round, all u need to know is one is a lot easier than the other!)