PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4/5/6 place charter ship - Any suggestions ?
Old 17th Feb 2002, 19:08
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torres. .You're right the C425 is the second best Turboprop after the C441. Flat rated 450 HP out of a 625 HP? rated engine, if my memory serves me right a bit over 10 minutes to FL250 GW TO ISA+20 and then 250KIAS ISA+25 all day long when you get there. And the quietest of ALL of them.

Soup nazi

They stopped making them because they were too good and were competing against their own Citation product at which time they were, (they don't have to now), gauranteeing in writing, that they would pay, in cash for 3 years, the difference between the operating cost of a new Citation and the owners previous turboprop (any brand, as long as it was not a Cesnna Conquest 1 or 11) if they bought a new Citation, same capital cost BTW as a new King Air. They never wrote a cheque. Period. Game set and match.

I know, I operated all four alongside each other and I can tell you which ones made the most money.

Build quality Beech v Cessna, sorry but that is just plain unadulterated BS perpetuated by the Beech mob to try and justify the price difference for seriously old 1940's technology caught in a time warp, tarted up as something modern. Do you want to talk about the V35 AD or the B200 wing mods, now or later?