PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 13:01
veloo maniam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: R/T status in KL FIR

I have actually posted this website address at the ATCC Subang. Some of my colleagues at KLIA are also surfing this website. As a matter of fact I was introduced to this website by a B777 Capt. I have learnt a lot since then and has actually helped me to provide a better ATC service. This taxyiing thing for the MH 737's is something new. Let me know more about it so that I can pass it on to KLIA and other airports. I have been on board the 737's about 6 times last month and the intercom from the cockpit to the cabin isn't very clear. As an Air Traffic Controller I can understand every bit but unfortunately my fellow pax were wondering what the cockpit crew was telling. It was muffled at times. Maybe your avionics people should take a look into it. It would be good to check out the reception status by asking the cabin crew whether the transmission was clear. Just a suggestion. (Are we still not allowed into the cockpit??) In a recent meeting with MAS, we were told about a new procedure that MAS is coming up within the next few months...something called Flight Following. This is especially for the wide body. Sounds good for ATCers manning the Clearence Delivery at Subang. Help us to help u guys.