PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet rugby scrum, not EZYs fault
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 21:09
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Easyjet rugby scrum, not EZYs fault

I assume easyJet have taken into account the cost savings of not allocating seats at check-out versus the potential loss of pax that this policy might bring about, and presumably they have calculated that their system works for them.

I have used easyJet around thirty times over the past three years, always for leisure and always from/to BRS, my local airport. Most of the time the boarding order has been regulated efficiently by the staff and on several occasions I have seen would-be queue jumpers put firmly but politely in their place.

Redfield is right though about boarding aircraft by coach to remote stands, a not infrequent occurrence at BRS where the number of based easyJet aircraft makes it inevitable that some will not be parked where they can be boarded direct from the terminal. As he says, in such circumstances the boarding order goes out of the window.

Staff supervising full service carriers do not always bother to ensure that pax do not queue-jump when they are called for boarding in batches of seat numbers.

When easyJet absorbed Go, an airline that I found to be exceptionally good in the low-cost, no frills sector, I was apprehensive. Go did have a policy of allocating seats at check-in. However, easyJet have proved to be an admirable replacement and I find the annoyance of sometimes having to take part in a sort of boarding rugby scrum small beer compared to the convenience of having such a selection of destinations from my local airport, usually at a very competitive price.