PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet rugby scrum, not EZYs fault
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 15:03
bmibabyfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Easyjet rugby scrum, not EZYs fault

personally i prefer the way baby operate! - Of course i would!!
its interesting because at ema you can always tell when we board a flight the difference between the u2 and fr pax from the baby passengers! the baby pax will sit and wait in the gate area whilst the u2 and fr will stand at the gate! we do a pre board announcement for the small children, disabled pax etc and all these other pax stand in the way! We offer service, so we want too baord the disabled and young children first,which we do, and they really appreciate this, so we have to tell these pax to take a seat - and in their defence they do and many of a time i have cracked a joke about "ooh youve been travelling with easyjet too much!" which they like!
offering a seat does not delay the flight,remember technically we can offload you if your not at the gate -15 to departure, this does not happen alot, and yes it can cause problems if they have bags but this really only comes into practise on the business routes rather than the meds (the meds will always get to the gate area)
the u2 staff are quite good at the gate from what ive seen but compared to the way FR operate, well dont even get me started....... ive seen children and disabled pax all stuck behind evedryone queing at the gate - and believe it or not these other pax will not even let them through! - guess thats down to selfishness more than anything else! but the staff should order these pax out the way and let the specials through, like i have seen u2 do, but def not fr!
regards
babyfc