PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Assessment
Thread: FTE Assessment
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 11:42
traffic4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FTE Assessment

hi Rob,

i attended the FTE assesment last September and im planning on going there this septmeber.
basically, on the first day i was given a tour of the campus (which lasted about 45mins) and then left to do as i wanted for the rest of the day, so you can use any of the facilities or go into Jerez if you want to.
on the second day the assesment lasts from about 9:30 in the morning until about 1:00 and you start by completing three computer based tests which test your hand eye coordination ( i did pretty badly in the first test but was still accepted because i did well in other aspects of the selection, so dont worry if you mess up some of them). after this i did a numeracy, numerical and verbal reasoning test, which were sort of a higher tier GCSE standard and this was then followed by an interview with the Head of Training which lasted about 45 mins i guess, which basically tests if u have the right motivation to complete the course and during the interview i was given an airline operations problem to solve about which aircraft and crew to use when an aircraft goes technical, there is no right or wrong answer really.
that was the end of the selection and then i immediately had a debrief from the Managing Director who told me that i had passed the selection, so u find out straight away whether you passed or not, (about 60-80% pass it)
after that you are free to leave, i had my flight back to Stansted the next morning so i relaxed for the rest of the day.

i hope this helps, let me know when ur thinking of starting a course