PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Europe with FAA License?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 17:02
Toohey29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Flying in Europe with FAA License?

Ok next question......

desperately want to fly helo's commercially in the UK - problem is i am deaf in one ear, i have the funding to do it and the will, but the caa say that i will not be able to sit wwith one ear uncovered and talk to my captain / co- pilot and listen to the RT at the same time. But i tried taking off my headset in an R22 - i wouldn't matter if you had the hearing of a bat you still wouldn't be able to hold a conversation!!! I don't think you could talk to a co -pilot in many helicopters (if any- correct me if i'm wrong) without a headset! So having passed the FAA medical no problem i was lead to believe that the FAA CPLH would allow some commercial activity in this country -obviosly wrong

so then chaps and chapesses any suggestions on how to overcome this problem ? there is i think the possibility of training and hour building in the states and then the CAA may grant a deviation as i would already have an aviation "career" but its a big risk to take with alot of money on a maybe from the CAA.......is there an alternative route i should look at?? any help would be greatly appreciated as i know there are pilots out there who are deaf in one ear....