PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet pay.
Thread: Westjet pay.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 16:56
Slapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Westjet pay.

Originally Posted by B737FO
"So whens the union coming to Westjet?"
I would say not anytime soon. We have a good rapour with Management, we have ongoing negotiations for our next Pilot contract which should culminate in an agreement in the next month.
We have just come off one of the worst years in our history with JetsGo bringing down yeilds and profits. However, there have been no layoff's, no down-grades, no one has been asked to take a pay cut. In that respect the system works. Everybody has kept their job and salary.
"What I want to know is the 750.00$ /paycheck true or not? Is that first year or constant?"
Check my post on the first page of this thread regarding salary... "If you'll get past the first year, a second year F/O at WestJet has a paycheque of $1923 and some odd cents every two weeks. $3864 a month before taxes. How you arrange your finances regarding taxes is up to the individual, I won't guess at take-home. We are all different, but that is the starting point."
"Last time I checked AC left seat on widebody was over $200k salary. What is a left seat guy making at westjet?
Curious."
I can't comment on the salary at Air Canada because I do not work there. I think you need to compare apples to apples however... What does a guy in the left seat of the Airbus narrow body make? Is that "over $200k salary on a widebody" for a senior position? An end of career top of scale?
WestJet has been around for 10 years. What does a 10 year Airbus narrowbody Captain at Air Canada make? A 10 year Captain at WestJet T-4's very well.