PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN application-Pilot/Obs
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 13:43
Friendly fire-isn't

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RN application-Pilot/Obs

Many thanks everyone for all your replies!

scottishbeefer: You've pretty much confirmed all that I've heard with regards to Observers. with regards to AIB, I asked for feedback when I was there first time round, and received some feedback. Their biggest criticisms were lack of Naval knowledge, and lack of maturity (I'd just turned 18! I'm now 22) Since then I've swatted up, and also spent a few year on my local UAS and got stuck in there, to help develop my qualities.

if you get in, leave a post here and you can kick back 10% of your flying pay to me!!!
That could be a nice little earner!

Bigtop: Thanks for your comments, if I got in as Warfare, I'd probably do it with the intention of making a career from it, and that a cross-over would be a bonus!

Fanois: Also thanks, I'm applying to the RAF too (as I'm a UAS guy), as pilot only. No other ground jobs interest me, and the other aircrew branches I could always apply to the year after.

I have one more question if you don't mind.

What sort of level would you have to achieve in the aptitudes and AIB in order to be sucessful? I passed Pilot and Observer aptitudes last time and just scraped through on ATC, I have the scores and pass marks, but other than that, it means nothing to me! I don't know whether they would be considered competitive or not. Also, what about AIB, in todays climate, do you need a very good pass, or is just a "pass" good enough?

Thanks again.