PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA impotence (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2006, 18:13
The masked goatrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ALAEA impotence

Good question ****,
Firstly I have not declared that the pay scales aren’t the same although the Forstaff agreement doesn’t recognise payment for all Qantas aircraft. I like the way you have tried to twist that one to suit your purpose. I claim that the cut price maintenance facility reduces the wages and conditions of Australian LAMEs by taking the entire package as a whole and comparing it to Qantas employed staff. Lets look how they do this.

- restricted access to staff travel.
- no recognition in the licence pay system for other aircraft licences held within the Qantas fleet.
- refusal by Forstaff management to negotiate or attend meetings whilst the two elected Forstaff ALAEA Councillors are in attendance.
- payment for 737 rating only whilst working the aircraft.
- substandard and limited issue of uniforms.
- compulsory overtime banking.
- no right to site representation by the AMWU.
- no options for redeployment to other Qantas departments through redundancy programs.
- inability to apply internally for vacancies within the Qantas system.

The list goes on and on **** but I’m sure you are aware of all the problems that the ALAEA have swept under the carpet over the years. Also I think you’d know about the single biggest saving the airline has made by eliminating the positions of hundreds of long serving, high level Sydney LAMEs and replacing the positions at the cut price facility with new employees all starting at the bottom end of the pay scale. Many of them imported from overseas with non English speaking backgrounds. Taking jobs from Australians who can’t afford the wage cut and travel expenses to the ass end of the earth.

Thanks for the question mate; I feel like I’m the Minister of Transport here and have just been asked a question from one of my own backbenchers during parliamentary question time. Look forward to dealing with you, **** and the rest of the Qantas management team in the near future.

edited for outing, we do not use real names without the express permission of the individuals concerned. This would normally invoke a ban W

Last edited by Woomera; 6th Jan 2006 at 09:10.