PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 206 Crash into Dam West of Ipswich
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2006, 11:45
Scanrate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 206 Crash into Dam West of Ipswich

RWS888,Seat 1A, Islander Jock,
I also started my flying in the skydiving industry a few years back and can certainly relate to all that RWS888 has put forward. The one thing to this day that still grates to the bone with it all, is why in the hell is it still classed as a private operation. It's about time CASA stood up to the plate and seriously looked at shaking up the skydiving industry instead of treating it as the ugly cousin to the rest of the aviation industry. CASA you are meant to be the safety authority, well why can't you do it across the board over the whole industry and end this self regulatory nonsense, what does the APF hold over you!
I know this has gone off the original topic, but I know it can be a rewarding and enjoyable stepping stone for our upcoming brothers and sisters in this industry, and I just want to see the best safety practices put in place so the up and comers can enjoy ther transition from fresh CPL to first job as they progress and learn some valuable flying experience to take to the next rung on the ladder. Come on CASA, lets stop the Rot!!
My condolences to all concerned, and their familes and friends.