PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA impotence (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 21:56
Sunfish

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: ALAEA impotence

Dear Dear Mr. Qantas! You have absolutely no logical basis for your statement "We can thank the alaea that this work isnt in China". You only have your negotiating opponents word for that. You cannot prove it!

Mr. Qantas. There is such a thing as a bluff. Now a bluff occurs when someone threatens to perform some act that is going to be deleterious to you. You have no way of knowing if the other person is going to perform this act or not. It is merely a threat.

Now there is only one way to discover if another person is bluffing and that is to "call" the bluff. In other words refuse to behave as requested by the threatener.

Now it appears to me from ALL your posts that you are a credulous believer in EACH AND EVERY THREAT that QF management has ever made, and furthermore, you consistently repeat these threats to your members as if they were true. In other words, you have never, ever, called Qantas as bluffing.

Now there are a number of possible reasons for this. You may judge that the company is not bluffing on the basis of your superior knowledge of world maintenance demand and developments. But on the other hand, you may have no such knowledge and be concerned to preserve your own employment at whatever cost.

Trouble is the only way to know if the company is bluffing is to call it, and then live with the industrial consequences.

I had a gutfull of worthless union reps who sold us out in the 70's and early 80's - and who subsequently joined the company in HR.

I would suggest to you that if QF told you that unless your members agreed to work for five dollars an hour, that their maintenance jobs were going to be moved to Zambia, you would tell all your members to agree immediately.

The correct response is often to call the bluff - something you will never do.