PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh's CC plans
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 20:36
whattimedoweland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Willie Walsh's CC plans

I would just like to point out to those who are reading this thread whatever we call certain types of payment is irrelevant,they made no sense to me when I started either!!.

I would also like to point out that it was BA management who asked the Unions both CC89 and BASSA to sign both the Long Range and Back to Back agreements.

Yes I feel very lucky for the pay I get and the T&C's (and need to fight to hold on to!!)I have and maybe that's still why many crew from other airlines apply to BA.

In general I feel I work with very professional crew who I feel are mature and will react well in an emergency,but there are always the few who need a rocket up their ****!! .

The one thing I won't do on an open forum is come into someone's part of the forum and constantly take swipes at my own colleagues.As regards asking for 15 minutes for this and that payment a Captain made it very claer to my crew when he said ''I fly to get passengers from A to B on time if not early''.I could only agree.I have never seen any pilot from BA openly talk about how much they get paid on DRAFT or FORCED DRAFT.I think all would find those figures even more breathtaking than the figures for the above mentioned cabin crew payments .

Yes we get good box and B2B payments because we don't sell our conditions too easily.Maybe if we had some of our extras included into our basic we may now be on the hourly rate(which I am not against).BA would not even consider a chock to chock payment for cabin crew like the pilots, just the flat rate.

As Keeperboy has said there have been plenty of positive talks between both cabin crew unions and BA and there are some more going on at the moment.All sides must realise change is needed and we as cabin crew must realise that we will lose money when T5 arrives, with reducion in box payments.Yes the few quid we lose personally will be felt by all but if the overall savings made by the company together with things like missed connections keep us in business,then we all get paid next month.BA is still not out of the mess.Don't forget when we mess up we don't have Chapter 11 to bail us out year after year!!.

Cabin crew have been asking for a better choice of lifestyle more to the point some sort of say in what they do.WorldWide have asked for a bid system similar to flight crew and an ability to bid for a single days laeve rather than blocks of four when you don't need them.However BA will not even look at this until we accept the hourly rate.Hopefully both sides can make some headway on this.

The refreshing thing is when downroute 99.9% of our pilots if they have an opinion on the earnings of the cabin crew do not express it because they're either very polite and know it's not their concern anyway or as normal getting the first round in .Mine's normally the second.

In-fighting on an open forum does not show us in a good light,in fact a false light.

WTDWL.