PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A/C off the runway in CPH
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 15:20
alf5071h

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: A/C off the runway in CPH

OVERTALK the differences in our views might only be balanced with data provided by tests which you called for. My experiences were from tests, which provided data, but only applied to a few aircraft. Further, wider discussion could debate the applicability of your beliefs or my experiences to other aircraft types, but without facts, we would be speculating, albeit from informed positions.

A more responsible view within a thread relating to one of several recent accidents is to focus on the facts, what the manufacturer advises. It would be remiss of us to advise others to try unproven techniques during a critical event; it is far better, as I believe we agree, that crews are encourage to focus on the basics.
I would willingly discuss this topic further off line, or in the flight testing forum.

I also believe we would agree on the contribution of human error in overrun accidents, but I do not subscribe to your view of error.
Recent views of human factors prefers to avoid stating that humans make errors; we do not deliberately set out to make an error. Error is a description of behavior applied after the event; it is one possible explanation of the event.
Thus, as an alternative view, humans are exposed to error provoking situations and may be predisposed to erroneous mind set or judgment based on experiences or knowledge.
This thread has already identified significant opportunities for error; we should not contribute further to any erroneous mind set with inappropriate knowledge however well intentioned.