PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag accident just north of Moree
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 07:31
Agwaggon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ag accident just north of Moree

Well PTSP I will address a couple of your points which seem to pertain to my post.
But first let me tell you a lillle story.

Many many years ago I was driving happly along in my brutal machine that I had at the time. As I was driving through a large NSW country town along the main drag which happened to be a major highway I had to slow a touch for the car that was traveling along in front of me. Approching an intersection the lady driving it put her right blinker on and started to veer to the right as if to turn right. So as you do I started to ease arround on her left side to experdite my departure from this place as I had other places to be. Then to my amazement and horror the stupid B---- turned hard left right in front of me and I T-boned her good and propper.

Eventually the constabulary arrived and interviewed this winging incompedent poor escuse for a driver and she gave them a bucket of lies etc. As it happened it was the Desk Sargent who turned up as they were a bit busy and he was a dry old no nonsense bugger. He had his little note book out with pencil at the ready as I recounted my story which my mate Max was eager to bare witness to. The basis of my defence being that as she had her right blinker on I had assumed she was turning right.

I though I had it kicked to bits when without writing hardly anything the old Sarg pocketed the notebook and putting his arm arround my shoulder he lead me out on ear shot of the others and gave me a very caring however grave look,saying, " Son let me give you some time tested and proven advice, NEVER assume !". I found over the years that to be very good advice.

The moral then PTSP is that you have assumed I havn't spoken to any of these people. Havn't I ?

I have been told very reliably that the load considering SG was about equal to a full load.

And as for my comments about Chief Pilots and the introduction of pilots perticularly low time ones to night ag. These are my firmly held thoughts and beliefs and have been for a very long time. I have been arround long enough to have earn't the right to them.

Cheers Agwaggon.

Last edited by Agwaggon; 4th Jan 2006 at 19:55.