PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ag accident just north of Moree
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 20:26
Agwaggon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ag accident just north of Moree

Not sure where you are coming from on that one 502.
I can only speak for myself but I know that I'm talking about facts.
Everything I said in my post is 100% correct. And as for my thoughts and opinions on the role of the chief pilot, well thats my opinion. If you are truly old and ugly and wise I'm sure you would have come across CP's who understand that a new ag rating or a new night rating or a new instrument rating are simply stamps in lisenses to show that you have arrivied at a perticular standard demanded by CASA for that rating to be issued. THATS ALL!!
Then it's up to the employer (if they want to hire a pilot of this standard) to bring the pilot through a reasonable period of learning and actual experience. Of course the other way would be to just cut him loose and its sink or swim. I'm sure both courses will achieve the desired outcome. Which do you think is the safest one?
And by way of explanation about bringing them through. I don't mean that you keep a bit of an eye on them for a week or so. I mean that you have a very close relationship with them for more like the first season. Perticularly when their total ag time is very low.
502 this is not an isolated incident or accident. As I said the guy in the 8 about a year ago was not so lucky.