PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which school?
Thread: Which school?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 12:53
king rooney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which school?

Hi all,

After months of deliberation I am inches away from choosing a training provider and starting me modular ATPL.
Basically, how important is the choice of school for this in the eyes of the airlines? I understand that certain integrated providers in the UK may have a relationship with airlines which allow their students to potentially get jobs sooner, is this also the case with modular course providers?

My particular dilema lies between choosing the CABAIR mod course at Orlando/ Bournemouth, or the course at Stapleford Flight Centre in Essex. From what I can make out the Stapleford course is on paper better than the cabair one, using better planes, more cost effective with all the hours building in the UK, not the US. My only doubt is the claims form Cabair that they can recommend me direct to airlines after completing the course, where as Stapleford apparently do not have such links.

Are such "airline relationships" a reality for modular students, or are they just a carrot on a stick to get students? Does anyone out there have first hand experience of being put forward to an airline after finishing a mod course at one of the big training providers?