PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett's Future!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 02:56
ACMS

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I was a part of '89, directly involved and I'm telling you that it was the case. They used the "flight safety issue" to stop us mixing with them. FACT. I'll see if the officials know the exact details and advise.

A senior ( although Seniority didn't make any difference ) Capt in AN who went back a scab on the 767 whose initials are I.R.
Told me on the flight deck that this was the case. He was trying to help my return as well but I was screwed by the AN Pilots assoc ruling.

It never ceases to amaze me about how you new guys are quick to dismiss the actions of the scabs in '89. Quick to blame us and tell us it's 12 years ago so forget it.
WE CANNOT FORGET WHAT WE WENT THROUGH, HOW WOULD YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT WAS LIKE BACK THEN, ALL THE PRESSURE AND EMOTIONAL ISSUES THAT I FACED AS A 2 YEAR F/O. IT WAS HORRIFIC TO SAY THE LEAST HOW GOOD PILOTS GOT ABSOLUTELY ****ED IN '89 BY ABLES, HAWKE AND THE AFAP. AUSTRALIAN AVIATION WAS NEVER THE SAME AGAIN AND RECENT HISTORY HAS PROVED US RIGHT. MAYBE YOU LOT CAN LEARN FROM PAST MISTAKES AND BUILD A GOOD AIRLINE FROM THE ASHES, I CERTAINLY HOPE SO. BUT YOU WONT IF YOU KEEP YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND AND PRETEND '89 NEVER HAPPENED.

Get a copy of Brad Norringtons book Sky Pirates and have a read. Although a little biased against the Pilots it contains a lot of good info.

[ 21 November 2001: Message edited by: ACMS ]