PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 02:48
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DEC's at EK

Quod Boy
I'm not trying to rattle you, nor do I think taking DEC's is a good thing, especially, when good people like you, feel threatened, by an out-sider Capt, possibly affecting your command. No way in the world, would I do that deliberately.The letter says different, and your manual stipulates the requirements for a DEC anyway. ( 10000 hrs etc).The letter also says, that it will not affect you, and your up-grade, when it happens. The fact that it is in writing, is perhaps something you and perhaps many others like you, feeling threatened, may be able to use to your advantage, if the need arises. I'm not your enemy. Believe it or not, I've been in the same situation. Funnily enough, I was also an F/O. Right now, I'm quite happy where I am, but if it suits me, and I do have the hours, and more, then I will apply. Don't tell me, you wouldn't do the same in my position. The only difference, between you and me, is that I have the time, I am almost certainly a lot older than you, with 16 yrs heavy jet command time.(47). You know what?. who cares?. I was lucky in the beginning, I was there at the right time. Thats life. You and I'm sure others like you feel very strongly about the whole thing, but please chap, I'm only doing what you are doing. I just happen to be further down the road.
Wish you all the best, I'm sure you deserve it.
tic