PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No jobs for turkish F/O candidates
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 20:47
teekaythepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No jobs for turkish F/O candidates

Originally Posted by CDB.A300
My opinion about Education is this, Yes I think it make a big difference to have an University degree. Education is the key of every things.
I know that many guys who complain about this have an High School education degree. Many other who complain about SunEx just fail their Capt. Transition Training. Very sad.
Hello CDB.A300

We are not questioning about if university degree is something good to have it or not! The answer would be clear, I presume!

Our problem is unequal treatment by the Turkish Civil Aviation Authorities. There is no country in the world (except Turkey) where the university degree is an essential requirement to fulfill in terms of upgrading to the left seat. We have this nonsense regulation thank to our friends from the Turkish Air Force. Everyone knows about it, but, the minority speaks out!
Although Turkey is a JAA-Member country, this regulation is an unique example also throughout the member countries (as previously stated above). Certainly one can say that some of other JAA countries have also their own regulations, eg., France with pilots age limitation. But it is still not as ridiculuos as the Turkish regulation since they ask this to be fulfilled by each pilot who is using their airspace.
So, from my point of view, the Turkish regulation shouldn't be limited only to captains operating Turkish registered aircrafts, Turkish Civil Aviation Authorities have to ask for an university degree from each captain using Turkish airspace. Then I call this decent! Otherwise it is not fair!

This is my personal opinion...

Cheers
Teekay