PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2006, 18:08
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DEC's at EK

It seems that you have quoted the 5 percent of airlines that are flag carriers and have a structure sometimes heavily subsidised and in many cases just uneconomic protectionism. Ba have hired dec in the past, go figure.Following that logic are you taking a job from the local mrats by filling an f/o spot. Do you think they are happy about all the infidels stealing their thunder. Certainly werent in Africa .I will concede that my figures were arbitrary but the industry as a whole still supports my theory.
Im not a flying whore old chap but have been exposed to the expat world for years and as a result was cautious. It seems i had a bit of luck if you represent the general disgruntled elements as i would be pissed off like you. Like i said I am aware of the good guys that got shafted, but if you can see thru your red mist and have a genuine wide experience of the industry you will see that although not the best option it is a way of life. Picture this, ba have a strike, your british ,meet their changed requirements.People get laid off you get a job offer as a skipper in the revamped ba.Assuming you want to get back to uk , would you ask the people below you or the people that left if they were happy and would that affect your decision? I think not. It boils down to one thing. You're getting shafted , thats a shame, but dubai is not the flat earth, you are starting to believe the self perpetuating usual expat mentality that only you can do it. Wrong on all social and skill levels. and bad for your blood pressure.