PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Schools
Thread: Flying Schools
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2002, 11:39
Turbine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROPSWINGA, the wealthy management of South Coast Aviation, with ex Horizon CP Mal Campbell as the Chief Pilot, are looking at expanding very quickly very soon. They flew their first run into Newcastle Harbour last week in a Caravan from Rose Bay and are looking at operating the old Sydney Sea Planes daily RPT run in addition to other seaplane services down South. I would say that getting in with this mob as a student now would be a sensible career move. They are in their own scenic training area, have nice planes and are a very tidy little school. I think their problems in the past were due to an inexperienced CFI.. .. .I would also recommend Crane Air. They are often overlooked because of size but are now the largest operator on Bankstown. They recently picked up Gerry Mcgowen's B1900 and Caravan contract to operate 6 nights a week and also have 70 odd percent of Sydney's bank runs. Their CP, Dave Foster, is mature age and has flown everything from Lear Jets, G4s and Falcons up to and including Kerry Packer's old DC9 - he is one of the nicest guys in aviation too! Their CFI is a also a very experienced Hazos C&T Captain on the SAAB. The owner is a bit of an old sourpuss but don’t let old Rod put you off!. .. .If I were a student today, I would approach Crane and negotiate a deal with some commercial exposure on completion. NO better way of getting a job.