PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "If my DAD were Scully"
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2005, 12:04
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Snoop

If I remember correctly, Scully went to great lengths to build up his flight hours; even to the extent of sleeping under the wings of aeroplanes in order to fly free the next day. A bit of barnstorming that, something of which most of the aviation youthful ones of today know little.
I have flown with the man in the past on more than one occasion. I wish I had done so more often, for, without wishing to lionize the old scallywag; I could have learnt a great deal from him.
I am sure that Scully's daughter has had the benefit of a fine aviation education at the hands of, well, I wouldn't want the man to become too swollen headed, an excellent aviator.
The only thing, in my never humble opinion, wrong with favouritism or nepotism is where it leads to the promotion of someone who is inadequate for the position in question.
I doubt that such is the case with daughter of Scully.
Let me be blunt for moment, those aviators who bang about the bush in Cessna 206s from Maun may accumulate hours - but where is the experience that really kits them out for a multi- crew complex managment operation ?
I have taken advantage of friends and contacts in aviation, and in other places too, and the man who says he would not, I call economical with self honesty.
I believe that the cockpit is the preserve of men. Women belong in the back with the drinks trolley, but in this case I wish the lady the best of luck.
Of course she should go on to Spoories. It's a family tradition worth preserving in this vacuous day and age. You should have heard some of her grandfather Harold's stories, no doubt suitably embellished! Spitfires or was it Hurricanes? under the washing lines of Calcutta!

I wonder if her dad still has his little bar fridge?

Happy New Year to everyone and also to those who do not celebrate such a festival at this time of year.