PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "If my DAD were Scully"
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2005, 05:42
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax everyone, you would have to be pretty thin-skinned to consider any of this a 'personal attack'. If she does have less than 1000 hrs then she has less than all the recent hires at Nwide, so you have to admit, to somebody on the outside it looks suspect. IF she does have those hours, I don't know the facts. Nobody said she couldn't do the job, and who cares if she's female - in this day and age you really don't need to get all tense and defensive about that. Also, we all know that total time is not necessarily an indication of an individuals abilities.

Nonetheless, I feel it's unfair to the boys/girls out there who have spent long hours away from home etc etc and should be up front in the queue when it comes to home jobs, it's as simple as that.

Now, my *personal* opinion (and this has NOTHING to do with the individual in questions abilities AT ALL): I find it extremely hard to believe that either her name or her father had NOTHING to do with her being hired. I plan to ask a few more questions, purely to find out what really happened. I know I, and most of us would do the same in her position in any case. So, no judgement on her, only on the situation/system.